Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 26, 2024

CCRR Southern Division

More
15 years 3 months ago #1749 by Socalz44
CCRR Southern Division was created by Socalz44
Friends, Those of your following the Central California RR story have probably been wondering when this posting would happen. For you new to the site, I have a habit of dismantling my layouts soon after publication in Ztrack magazine. The Southern Division is no exception. I haven't decided exactly when to start because I'm finishing a layout and may have another starting later this winter. When I do have an open period I will begin. The CCRR has always been a trilogy and the Southern Division is merely Part II. I've been asked to donate it, give it away, try to sell it, a bunch of suggestions. If anyone has any solution to keeping the Southern Division intact and NOT on my premises I will entertain all suggestions. Thanks for your support and comments. Cheers, Jim CCRR:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1754 by ausman2001
Replied by ausman2001 on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
Hi Jim

I saw the plan and it looks interesting. What size will the layout be? Could it be the Grand Prize in a Ztrack or ZTrains competition? Maybe the good people there could cross your palm with silver as an inducement.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1758 by Socalz44
Replied by Socalz44 on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
Gary, Thanks. No, it is no prize winner that I know of. Look closer at the plan each square is 1 foot. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5464 by Socalz44
Friends, I posted this over 5 months ago. "Friends, Those of you following the Central California RR story have probably been wondering when this posting would happen. For you new to the site, I have a habit of dismantling my layouts soon after publication in Ztrack magazine. The Southern Division is no exception. I haven't decided exactly when to start because I'm finishing a layout and may have another starting later this winter. When I do have an open period I will begin. The CCRR has always been a trilogy and the Southern Division is merely Part II. I've been asked to donate it, give it away, try to sell it, a bunch of suggestions. If anyone has any solution to keeping the Southern Division intact and NOT on my premises I will entertain all suggestions. Thanks for your support and comments." Well, today is a bitter/sweet day. I've begun dismantling the Southern Division. Of course I'm happy because the Northern Division is on the horizon. Don Fedjur, a member here says he wants the 'leftovers'. So hopefully the Southern Division will live again with another modeler. Cheers, Jim CCRR:unsure:

More
14 years 9 months ago #5548 by Socalz44
Friends, The Southern Division is gone. Don and Jeff BAZ came over and dismantled the layout today. Gone, but not forgotten. Northern Division next. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #5554 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
OK Jim, that's your life.... I'm now in a hurry to see the North Division....;)

Dom

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #5556 by Socalz44
Hi Dom, Thanks, I'm looking forward to the Northern Division as well. I should have the backdrop smoothed out by the weekend. I've made the backdrop a 3 feet high this time. I was never pleased with the 2 foot previous backdrop. I've also increased the size of the layout by about 10 sq. ft. Cheers, Jim CCRR
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #5567 by TerryH
Replied by TerryH on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
Good to see the start of something new. Keep posting pics of your progress. Thanks.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5568 by Socalz44
Hi Terry, Thanks. Welcome back. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5569 by Beverly56
Replied by Beverly56 on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
Jim,

The Southern Division may be gone but it will live long in my memory. It truly inspired me in my work on our micro-layout. The three foot high background will look awesome with all hundreds, if not thousands, of trees you'll be making. I look forward to viewing the many, many, MANY photos of the Northern Division B)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5598 by dominique
Replied by dominique on topic Re:CCRR Southern Division
Jim, have you already a trackplan to submit us here for your future Northern Division?

Dom

More
14 years 8 months ago #5600 by TerryH
OK, I have to ask, why the notches in your support braces? Seems to me you are planning slops or underpasses.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5604 by Socalz44
Terry, Good question. When you build this type of construction you are able to do a number of things. One you can lay down some plywood for a yard or town. Second most of the layouts using this type of Lgirder construction build the track bed on elevated 1x3"'s. In the case you are referring to I needed to 'sink' my river bed dow into the girders. I put in hardboard for the river bottom in the slots. Instant sunken river/stream. These slots won't bother me on the Northern Division because I can screw the track supports into the wood below the slot if I have to. Cheers, Jim CCRR:)

More
14 years 8 months ago #5608 by TerryH
Thanks for the feedback. I can think of many uses for this type of structure, like an underpass or hidden storage lines, accessible from the bottom if a derailment occurred.
Some very interesting effects could be developed with a bit of planning. Thanks again Jim.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds