Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Sunday, April 28, 2024

Somthing New and Strange from germany..

More
13 years 11 months ago #8857 by Kelley
HI Everyone.
I just got the new Busch catalog from my local German Hobby shop in Germany.
Inside they had a whole set of German mine buildings and stuff, in HO.
The New and Strange is, they have a German mine train that is HO scale, but runs on Z track!
They call it HOi/HOf. I have a few narrow gauge ho things and kind of know the scale. Roco and Eggerbahn was HOe and could run on n guage track. There were a few things from small companies in HOf (if the German Army WW1 Brigadelok was in HO, it would run on HOf or Z scale track.
Anyway, looking in the catalog, it shows a lightweight small engine, and the cutaway looks like a faulhaber type motor. It runs on 3 V and uses 2 AA bateries.
They say to use Maerklin track, but to give it traction, there is metal plates that are added to the track, and a magnet is used on the engine. (Eggerbahn had somthing simular with steel track and please correct me if I am mistaken this is used with t scale too?/)
So maybe some of our German Friends knows more about this engine. It looks like there could be possibilities for scratchbuilding. The mine cars are interesting as the Z scale wheels are ope on the outside and flat (no pointy ends that go in the trucks) again uses for kitbashing???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds