Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 18, 2024

AZL to produce PS2-CD 3bay covered hoppers in 2009

More
15 years 5 months ago #952 by ztrack
American Z Line is excited to announce an all new freight car body style. Coming late 2009, AZL will be releasing 4,750 CuFt. Pullman Standard PS2-CD 3-bay covered hoppers. The PS2-CD covered hoppers first were produced starting in the early 1970s. Over 53,000 were produced. These cars were purchases by many major roads as well as smaller and independent operators. They are still extensively used today with many sporting their original circa 1970s livery.

AZL's PS2-cd covered hoppers will feature 18 ribs. The cars will come with AZL's roller bearing trucks with blackened metal wheels and all new AutoLatchTM couplers. The cars will also feature intricate etched metal walk ways. Roadnames and pricing will be announced closer to time of release.

Rob Kluz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #953 by Gerd
Hi Rob,

it's nice that AZL is doing so much but:
a) where is all the stuff already announced for end 2008?
b) why is AZL copying all the stuff FR has done for years and every fanatatic Zscaler, therefore us, has already a bunch of? In my opinion not the way to make huge $$$. Just my opinion.

More
15 years 5 months ago #954 by andyjbj
I'd never have the $ for the FR stuff. From AZL it will be great.

More
15 years 5 months ago #955 by Bobdocker
The announcement of a new PS2 is good news. The announcement of AZL producing a new coupler is great news!

More
15 years 5 months ago #956 by ztrack
First, the new items previously announced are well on their way. The ACF 3_bay hoppers are in final stages of production. We are anticipating the first release to be next month. It will be BN followed by UP. The auto-racks are very close behind. Also, the Thralls and 23,000 funnel flows are coming along very nicely.

I do not like to see duplication of releases, but it is unavoidable. I personally am a big fan of FR and love his products. But many of his items are very popular body styles. True many of us can afford the FR brass hoppers, but there are far more who will avoid these cars at the price they sell for. For instance, when I released the Rio Grande FR PS2-CD hopper to subscribers, the single unweathered car was $95.00. Likely, the same $95.00 will get you a runner pack of 4 AZL hoppers. I want make it clear that I am not saying don't support FR! But, it seems today that price is a bigger issue in Z and all the manufacturers are looking at products that have good demand and were popular with many roads.

As for the new couplers, I have not seen one yet. I am hearing very good things. They will latch together when mated, but still have the strength and stay as the first runs of AZL couplers. I can't wait to try them out!

Rob

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds