Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Saturday, May 18, 2024

Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!

More
15 years 3 months ago #1672 by JR59
Replied by JR59 on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
Hello Rob

I don't think that we will see a new FR American-Locomotive soon. I've talked to Harald recently about a Switcher (SW1500)but he was not interested. His US News for 2009 are also nothing to get very excited about compared to AZL and MTL news. I really hope that another Company will enter the Market with Z Engines and Cars soon. OK I know I'm dreaming :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1673 by Mattias
Replied by Mattias on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
GWoodle wrote:

As long as the Marsilius line cars are all coaches, how about doing some D&RGW ones? How about a Z Ski train? Perhaps AZL could fit a F9 shell & mech to pull it?

I have made a D&RGW car out of an undecorated Marsilius-coach. I actually didn´t finish the project, may do it someday
Mattias

Attachments:

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 months ago #1675 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
Beautiful car, Mattias!

More
15 years 3 months ago #1699 by goobnav
Replied by goobnav on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
You can definitely do a Ski Train. Since, you have the plan for the cars all you would need is the FR F40 and just kit bash the paint job with RG Orange and Silver. If you look at the current running gear for the real thing, they have the F40's doing the pulling.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1714 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
That's a really nice color their Rob on the Alaska's. Warm golden colors.

If I can find an MTL passenger car, I want to try the Marsilius diaphragm (vestibule) coupling plates to make the MTL's look better. Have to mask the verticle end and paint the vestibule tho, that same color gray takes away from "look" so I'd darken the vestibule or better yet, figure out how to laser a 3 piece rastered part (or corrugated roofing) to create tha accordian look. Engine black those shiney diaphragm plates to knock that gloss black back to reality.

I want to mix both Marsilius and MTL cars together with some steam like Joe S posted.

More
15 years 3 months ago #1717 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
Jeff,

I think Joe S has it right. These cars should be mixed with the MTL releases. It makes for a complete and very interesting train. I have to admit, I do like the Marsilius pad printing over the decal concept.

I am very curious to know if the vestibules from Marsilius will work on the MTLs. I am thinking about offering MTL upgrade kits which include the correct vestibules and passenger seat interiors. I can also get the Marsilius window glazing with inset windows, but I doubt it would fit the MTL coach car.

For those reading this, all Marsilius parts are available at Ztrack Center. Check them out! They are a scratch builder dream! We even sell the car shell. Anyone thinking about a track side passenger car converted to a work shed? This is the perfect starting point! Here are the links:

www.ztrackcenter.com/marsilius/parts_1/

www.ztrackcenter.com/marsilius/parts_2/

Mattias, your Ski train car is awesome! Please send me photos when you complete the project. I would love to share these with the Ztrack readers.

Rob

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #1718 by davidf
Replied by davidf on topic Re:Marsilius Line Announces New Cars!
maddel wrote:

GWoodle wrote:

As long as the Marsilius line cars are all coaches, how about doing some D&RGW ones? How about a Z Ski train? Perhaps AZL could fit a F9 shell & mech to pull it?

I have made a D&RGW car out of an undecorated Marsilius-coach. I actually didn´t finish the project, may do it someday
Mattias

I think you've got it!!
dave f., in Canon City, CO
Rio Grande forever!

p.s. i'm waiting on my MTL cars to arrive to do a Rio Grande passenger set also, but in a very old black with yellow strip scheme. It was an early, but short lived, Prospector livery (Denver to Salt Lake City via Canon City through the Royal Gorge and Tennesee Pass). df

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds