Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 17, 2024

AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars

More
13 years 4 months ago #10128 by ztrack
AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars was created by ztrack

We just received the above photo from AZL. The first release will be a runner pack and single of DTTX Thralls. The runner pack is item 90601-1. It contains three Thralls with a mix of 48' and 53' containers. The car road number and containers are: 620549A-620549B-620549C (53 Schneider-48 Genstar-53 Hub-48 Con-Quest-53 National Fast Freight-48 Santa Fe. The MSRP for this set is $133.00.

The single car is a DTTX with road number 620585. The containers are: 53 National Fast Freight and 48 Santa Fe. The car is item 91601-1 and the MSRP is $46.00.

At this time, we are still waiting for the shipments to arrive. We will be sending out dealer pre-orders as soon as we have the cars in stock.

Rob K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10129 by SJ-BAZ-man
Replied by SJ-BAZ-man on topic Re: AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars
Rob, this is awesome to see. FINALLY some cars to but the dozens of 53' containers in. OH . . . .they already have containers ! Oh well, at least they are different than the masses. Going to look great mixed in with the others from MTL, FR and Tim. A couple of these sets will round out the 54 car train to hang behind the C-44's.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10134 by ztrack
Replied by ztrack on topic Re: AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars
AZL UPDATE

First, the runner packs (90601-1) of DTTX well cars are now sold out at the distributor. The final sets will be shipping to dealers tomorrow.

The single DTTX cars (91601-1) have been held back by AZL. AZL has discovered a printing error that was deemed unacceptable for release. These single cars are being shipped back to the manufacturer for correction. We apologize for getting hopes up on these cars, but the error was one AZL could not overlook.

Due to the huge demand, AZL has decided to release immediately the nest set and single of the 53' well cars. Here is one for our Canadian friends!

The runner pack contains three cars and four different containers, including Canadian tire, SeaLand, CP, Hub Group, Genstar and TOTE. The runner pack is item 90602-1. The MSRP is $133.00.

A single car is also being released. The road number on the car is different from the runner pack, but the containers do match ones in the set. The single car is item 91602-1. The MSRP is $46.00.

Shipment of these cars to dealers will begin tomorrow. Supplies of the sets are very limited.

Rob

More
13 years 1 month ago #10445 by PuppySnacks
Replied by PuppySnacks on topic Re: AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars
Rob, you wouldn't happen to have any of the DTTX 53' Well Car Sets 1 and 2 just sorta laying around, hidden somewhere, that need a light dusting off and a new nice new home...would you?

More
13 years 1 month ago #10446 by ztrack
Sorry no. I definitely wish I had more. AZL will be offering new sets as part of their second run.

AZL will be offering the individual containers shortly. We will have announcements on these in the next week or so.

Rob

More
13 years 1 month ago #10449 by PuppySnacks
Replied by PuppySnacks on topic Re: AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars
Thanks Rob. I thought it would be worth a very-long shot to just simply ask...can't say I didn't try! The new single DDTX 53' Well Cars with CSX and Sealand container loads look really good...I couldn't help but to get two of them. ;)

File Attachment:

More
13 years 1 month ago #10450 by ztrack
I have been checking around and found a couple dealers who have some of other well cars in stock.

Zscale Monster is reporting they still have the DTTX runner pack 3, with APL containers in stock. Here is the link:

www.zscalemonster.com/azl/90600/

Small WonderZ has the CP single well cars in stock. They also are the only dealer I know that still has the SP bay window cabooses in stock. And they are the only dealer I know of with Procor single tank cars. Here is the link:

smallwonder-z.com/AZLRollingStock.aspx

Rob

More
13 years 1 month ago #10456 by SmallWonderZ
Replied by SmallWonderZ on topic Re: AZL's New 53' Thrall Well Cars
I have one Procor tanker and one SP Bay Caboose (#1319) remaining.

Todd
Small Wonder-Z

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds