Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

My Z scale wish list.....

More
11 years 3 months ago #14835 by Hirailtruck
My Z scale wish list..... was created by Hirailtruck
I chose "off topic" because I didn't really see anywhere else to put this.
This is my Z scale wish list;
A 40 foot double door boxcar, 50 foot fish belly flat car, and a 40 foot stock car in Pennsylvania, Z scale decals, and some early 6 axle power, such as SD7's and 9's.
What is everyone else's wish list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14837 by craZ13
Replied by craZ13 on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
Micro Trains just answered one of mine:

BC Rail SD40-2

:P

More
11 years 3 months ago #14838 by subwayaz
Replied by subwayaz on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
Some PS-2 Covered Hoppers, in SP would be nice

More
11 years 3 months ago #14844 by silentargus
Replied by silentargus on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
How about RPOs, diners, and those long-awaited injection Es?

More
11 years 3 months ago #14846 by Zcratchman_Joe
Replied by Zcratchman_Joe on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
My Z Scale wish list??? How about a couple of pipedreams?

I wish the economy was in much better shape so that small Z manufacturers would stop cutting the throats of other Z manufacturers simply to make a buck. I wish a couple of self-righteous Z leaders (whether they claim to be leaders or not) would stop cutting down their “manufacturer of choice to bitch about”, simply because it’s too late for them to reverse themselves now.

And I wish all of the bickering (mostly behind the Z scenes) would stop. I wish those that choose to be Z followers, simply because they are incapable of being Z leaders, would quit promoting the beliefs of their leaders (ie. mostly “online” friends) as gospel, as they are in no position to know the difference.

Mostly, I wish Z friends would stop turning against Z friends.

Other than that, just how many 40’ boxcars, or 60’ flatcars do we need to see without saying ENOUGH already? How about some of the things we see and go COOL! Or WOW, I don’t remember seeing one of those before!

Joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: betto

More
11 years 3 months ago #14848 by GNFan
Replied by GNFan on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....

silentargus wrote: How about RPOs, diners, and those long-awaited injection Es?

Add observation cars (admittedly, like cabooses and in the same position, there would only be one per consist), and that's a good start on my wish list, too. Of course, I must insist they be GN Empire Builder...

More
11 years 3 months ago #14850 by Kelley
Replied by Kelley on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
WOOO HOOOO Empire Builder (pulled into Station in Chicago with CB&Q engines of course ;)
I have a whole bucket of wishes. I wish I can scrape up enough dough to get my SD7, I wish I can scrape up enough dough and be able to hook the 2 (or 3) CB&Q GP7s when they come out, I wish somebody who does Z scale and can use a laser/cnc/3D printer/photo etcher, would buy that very rare caboose drawing book, and make a couple customized Q waycars, I wish I could scrape up the dough and get my drawings of a depot made into a Z scale model, complete with train order board, I wish I could win the lotto and get 2 more sisters to go with the SD7.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14851 by Minuteman
Replied by Minuteman on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
Well, a plastic injection SW1 would be nice... but what I really would wish for is that the existing models would get more paint schemes and thus provide more overall diversity, and as that seems to be exactly what AZL and MT are doing right now, I'd say I'm fine, thank you ;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #14852 by markm
Replied by markm on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
Well there is an SW1500 in somebody's 2012 new products catalog.

I agree with more paint schemes particularly the minor variations, and more road numbers. Relatively low cost for the manufacturer do.

I'd also like to see themes produced in full: don't give me the 1910s boxcars without giving me a steam loco, and no passenger coaches without a dining car. I'd suggest no beer cars without the beer, but that doesn't mean much in z.

Mark

More
11 years 3 months ago #14857 by Gerd
Replied by Gerd on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
SW1500 are actually coming from 2 manufactures, MTL and Searails with Searails winning the race to be first. I just want more chassis to choose from, so I have less to mill, drill and turn...

More
11 years 3 months ago #14870 by betto
Replied by betto on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
My wish list:

Z locos to have 12 volt motors (allow the transition from N HO ect alot easier)
MTL couplers that are universally the correct height on all cars and dont let go on corners or up hill or droop.
Factory installed DCC (MTL please consider this???)
MTL couplers that un-couple when they should and cars do as they are told when switching
Better eye sight
Bigger model budget
AZL to be more price competitive
MTL switches that dont jag plows
Working signals that just plug & play and are correct size

Ahhh feel better already..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr.JA

More
11 years 3 months ago #14893 by shamoo737
Replied by shamoo737 on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....

betto wrote: My wish list:

Z locos to have 12 volt motors (allow the transition from N HO ect alot easier)
MTL couplers that are universally the correct height on all cars and dont let go on corners or up hill or droop.
Factory installed DCC (MTL please consider this???)
MTL couplers that un-couple when they should and cars do as they are told when switching
Better eye sight
Bigger model budget
AZL to be more price competitive
MTL switches that dont jag plows
Working signals that just plug & play and are correct size

Ahhh feel better already..

I like how you think Betto. :D

More
11 years 3 months ago #14894 by Kelley

More
11 years 3 months ago #14895 by Mr.JA
Replied by Mr.JA on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....

Kelley wrote: Wouldn't this be the cats meow??? thelibrary.org/lochist/frisco/friscoline/images/photos/p01762.jpg

I believe Alvaro had kits of these available at one time.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14911 by subwayaz
Replied by subwayaz on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
I would also like to see another release of the AZL SP Yard Tower; or could somebody tell me where I can get one of the last run from; They all seem to be sold out????

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #14922 by Zcratchman_Joe
I think we all wish the manufacturers would make enough of a product for us to plan a future. In fact I wrote a little article about that very subject here…

zrailroads.com/

Joe

More
11 years 3 months ago #14923 by Kelley
People have been doing that in Z for years^^^I seen things on Ebayz the same day that things came out and the same day they were sold out. One of the aspects of the hobby is the speculators and collectors.
So to add to my wish list, I need some Z scale steps for the porters and conductors. Photo etched would work. I had the Pullman Porters and conductors for a few years now.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14924 by Zcratchman_Joe

Kelley wrote: the same day that things came out and the same day they were sold out.

EXACTLY my point!

More
11 years 3 months ago #14926 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: My Z scale wish list.....
Guys, I can see both sides.....Some manufacturers think it is a good thing to see their stock shelves empty early on after a release, but that is rather short sighted thinking IMHO. What if they had made 50 or even more. Down the line someone who is just starting out as a runner or collector is going to want that long gone item.

The down side to extra stock on the shelves for a period of time is that the stock represents a certain amount of money that could have been funneled into future product. I don't speak with any authority or insider knowledge, but I doubt it costs that much more to knock out a few dozen extra. Once the machines are warmed up, and operating, it seems that the cost per would be negligible.

I can also sympathize with manufacturers who hate to tie up perhaps scarce funds. Just thinking aloud.

More
11 years 3 months ago #14927 by Zcratchman_Joe

tealplanes wrote: ...can also sympathize with manufacturers who hate to tie up perhaps scarce funds.

Again, EXACTLY my point. So don’t keep the shelves full, just bring out that model again down the road.

If, as a small company, you can't afford to keep multitudes of product model on the shelves, why cut your own throats of future sales by refusing to produce a good selling model again in the future? But no; that practice is very rarely done. The reason? Not one manufacturer has the balls to take the chance that a product will sell out again fast enough to pay for their country club fees in time that year.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds