Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

Sincere Condolences for the family of Kin Hood

More
12 years 2 months ago #13072 by soccrdad30
I received some unfortunate news from Robby Hood on Friday February 17th, 2012.

"Hi this is Robby Hood. Kin Hood son.I regret to inform you all that has of 12:45am CST. Feb.16,2012 he passed away."

My email response.

Thank you Robby,

My sincere condolences to you and your family Robby. Kin was a wonderful and down to earth man. Kin had me call him this past Monday evening about some future plans for his modeling projects.

Kin, would stop and visit on Z Central Station several times a day and would get involved in our afternoon and evening chats. We enjoyed his company and wit. Your father's favorite saying was "I get to finish every sentence in the house with two words... yes dear".

Robby, your father will be sorely missed. If I may be of any further assistance please let me know.

Attached is a picture of Kin and his big red truck.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugger, Mr.JA, Mr. White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #13073 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re: Sincere Condolences for the family of Kin Hood
This is indeed very sad to hear. Kin's passion for Z scale was huge but I believe that he also had an equally strong love of the camaraderie with his fellow Z scale modelers here on Z Central. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13074 by shamoo737
My condolences to the family. He will be missed here.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13075 by rvn2001
My Condolences to the family. I'll miss him.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13076 by Kelley
Heaven has one more Marine to guard the streets.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13077 by tealplanes
Karin greeted me this morning with 'we'll never talk to Kin again'. At first I was confused, but then she told me the rest.......

Sadness is the only emotion I feel now. Our friend has passed and there is s Kin sized hole in our hearts.

Many were the times he would call me and inquire about some Z project or product. I feel a bit hollow at the loss of our friend from Amarillo, Texas.

May God grant Kin's wife Sue, and son Robby comfort at this very sad time.

Good bye Kin, we were brothers in Z.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13078 by Fred
Kin's passing really took the wind out of my sails. We enjoyed his sense of humor and bantering back and forth on chat. He always had a cheerful spirit. He and I would talk frequently on the phone and shared many experiences and even Z projects. My heart goes out to Sue and his family. Special prayers.
Another Marine to guard Heaven's Gate.
Fred

More
12 years 2 months ago #13079 by Mr.JA
:( I'm shocked. I'm for a loss of words. Kin and I exchanged some Z rolling-stock just recently. Kin is a Marine I am proud to salute.

Thank you, Kin... for your service to our country and defending our nation.
Thank you, Kin... for sharing your time with us here on ZCS.
Thank you, Kin... for being my friend.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13080 by ryuen
The news of the passing away of someone you care about is always painfull and words seem so hollow at times like this, but sometimes that is all one can offer.
So even if I myself have not had the privilige of knowing Kin, I would like to extend my sincere coldolences to those who did, his family and friends.
May the good memories you have of him always be with you and be a light in this time of darkness.

• Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #13081 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re: Sincere Condolences for the family of Kin Hood
Just posted this about Kin on Trainboard
www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?140174-Kin-Hood-one-reason-Z-Central-Station-works

I'm hoping that more people will realize the intrinsic value that this forum has to us as individuals as well as a group. If it wasn't for ZCS we would never have really known Kin as well as we did. Thank you John for keeping this forum alive and thriving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, Mr.JA

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13082 by stonysmith
The last thing Kin said on ZCS was:
gotta go. cu guys later

Well miss you Kin.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13086 by slugger

gota go, cu guys later

That was the way he left chat everytime Stony. Short and to the point. I will really miss him and his jokes in chat. It wont be the same without him.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Kin's family and freinds during this sad time.

Steve aka "Mr. Styrene" B)

More
12 years 2 months ago #13087 by Catt
Rest in peace Marine.You will be missed for a long time. :(

More
12 years 2 months ago #13089 by Gerd
:( That's sad. Condolences to his family. Just weeks ago I discussed with him his PA1 conversions,; we will never see his Super Chief....

More
12 years 2 months ago #13090 by Mr.JA

Stonebridge Models wrote: Just posted this about Kin on Trainboard
www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?140174-Kin-Hood-one-reason-Z-Central-Station-works

I'm hoping that more people will realize the intrinsic value that this forum has to us as individuals as well as a group. If it wasn't for ZCS we would never have really known Kin as well as we did. Thank you John for keeping this forum alive and thriving.

Karin... thank you for your words on TB. Your words were perfect. I feel a huge loss with Kin's passing. Folks that refuse to join us in ZCS are missing a lot... including "knowing" someone as Kin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred

More
12 years 2 months ago #13092 by UP Mike
I am sorry to hear about your Great loss ZCS My Condolences to his Family

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13095 by JoeD
Although I never had the pleasure of knowing the man personally, as a veteran you tend to bond instantly with another soldier in arms when you meet. He being a Marine, and I a Sailor, we of course danced the centuries old mock feud expected from each other, a feud that is all about mutual respect than any sort of contempt. Jokes about Marines screwing their caps on is about the respect Navy had for their abilities to lock down and walk into the most horrendious situations to complete missions. Jokes about Navy being squids is about a Marine's respect for the hundreds of things we do to help them get to their mission and bring them home safe, sometimes less equipted and less trained. We both came from a place where we would sacrafice everything to see each other home. Never think we didn't have a deep kinship and bond as we poked fun at each other. You spend your career being taught that you never leave anyone behind, so when a fellow traveler passes, the sadness comes from a different place. You don't have to shake his hand to feel the loss or look him in the eye to measure his worth or word. Where he's been and what he's done speaks volumes of Kin's charactor as a Marine, a father and a friend.

For those of us who only knew him in this hobby, the loss is no less significant or painful. Karin made a moving point about the sense of family in our small community and that how fleeting life can be. It sort of puts into perspective how we move forward from here. In the end, it is all about how we treat each other and that will be the legacy Kin leaves behind for us. Our hobby brought a lot of joy and friendship into his life, and he gave us his attention and joy. You can't expect any more from a person.

Kin will be missed.

Semper Fi Kin.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13104 by Socalz44
Never met Kin. But regardless, my sincere condolences to his family and friends. Jim

More
12 years 1 month ago #13121 by Mr. White
Kin,
You were never without kind words and encouragement. I will miss that greatly.
You are missed.

Zac

More
12 years 1 month ago #13127 by soccrdad30
Kindell "Kin" Hood

Kindell “Kin”Hood, 65, of Amarillo died Friday, Feb. 17, 2012.

Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Llano Cemetery. Arrangements are by Cox Funeral Home, 4180 Canyon Drive.

Mr. Hood was born in Honululu, where his father served in the Army. He lived most of his life in Amarillo. He was a graduate of Tascosa High School before joining the Marine Corps. While serving in the Marines, he served three tours in Vietnam as a crew chief. He married Sue Rivers on March 26, 1981, in Amarillo. He worked for Roto-Rooter in Amarillo for many years. He enjoyed flying remote-controlled airplanes and building Z scale railroad trains. His family will miss the many hours of laughter and card games.

He was preceded in death by his parents; and two granddaughters, Phyllis Moore and Nicole Russell.

Survivors include is wife, Sue of Amarillo; three daughters, Donna Alward and husband Teddy and Barbara Moore and husband Rodger, all of Amarillo, and Tonja Rivers of Zeland, Mich.; two sons, Robby Hood and wife Kristina of Amarillo and Bobby Hood and wife Beckie of Las Vegas, Nev.; a sister, Pat of Paris, Texas; 15 grandchildren; and 14 great-
grandchildren.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, Gerd, JoeD, TerryH, Mr. White

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds