Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 17, 2024

2016 NTS in Indianapolis, Indiana

More
8 years 6 months ago #17939 by rvn2001
2016 NTS in Indianapolis, Indiana was created by rvn2001
Hi Everybody,

It's time to start planning to attend the NMRA NTS in Indianapolis, Indiana. The train show will be held Friday, July 8, 2016 through Sunday, July 10, 2016 at The Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Exhibitors drop off ONLY of modules and equipment will be Wednesday, July 6, 2016 from noon until 6pm. Exhibitor set-up begins Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8am and ends at 8:30pm. Hand carry items only will be allowed to move in Friday, July 8, 2016 from 7am until 9am. The train show hours are: Friday, July 8, 2016 9am until 6pm ... Saturday, July 9, 2016 10am until 6pm ...and Sunday, July 10, 2016 from 10am until 5pm.

We're looking for Z scale modules to join us at the show! So far Ellen Shelton and Thom Welsch have committed to doing the show. While Ellen and Thom usually display their modules on top of tables, this year the NTS is requiring all modules to be on self-supporting legs. Our modules are set up for that at any height from table level to the ZBT standard 50" height.

We'd love to have as many modules as possible at this show so put one in your car or pack up the trailer and join us! I need to have the application turned in as soon as possible to get us the space we'll need. You can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to let me know what you'd like to bring and I'll include it in the plan. We also welcome B.Y.O.Z. and anyone who just wants to help set up and/or run trains.

We're looking forward to seeing as many people and modules as possible.
Thom Welsch
MidweZt HaulerZ
Module Coordinator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #17948 by rvn2001
Replied by rvn2001 on topic 2016 NTS in Indianapolis, Indiana
I find it interesting and disappointing that nobody has contacted me about displaying their Z scale modules at the NTS in Indianapolis next year. I hope everyone is aware that they start making space allocations for layout space in January and finalize the space allocations in March. That doesn't leave much time for me to come up with a layout plan so that I can apply for enough space to accommodate everyone who wants to come. Bruce Baumberger, of the MidweZt HaulerZ has contacted me and is planning to bring his modules so that's all of the active members of our group.
WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU?????

More
8 years 4 months ago #17965 by rvn2001
Hi Everybody,
I've been working on the floorplan for the MidweZt HaulerZ modular layout for the 2016 NTS in Indy. So far, the MidweZt HaulerZ are the only people who have expressed interest and committed to bringing modules to this show. It sure would be nice if we could get more people to join us but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I have all of the paperwork filled out and plan to mail it tomorrow, December 8, 2015. I want it to get there before the Holidays. Please get in touch with me here or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you think you'd like to join us.
Thom Welsch
Module Coordinator
MidweZt HaulerZ

More
8 years 1 month ago #18003 by rvn2001
Hi Everybody!

I am happy to inform you that the MidweZt HaulerZ have had their modular layout accepted for the 2016 NMRA NTS in Indy. We will have a 14' X 18' area. We don't have a specific location yet but it's nice to know that we'll be there.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Thom Welsch

More
7 years 9 months ago #18141 by rvn2001
Hi Everybody!!

Well....the car is packed with 2 new modules and the other 3 older modules and I'm ready to head to Indianapolis for the NMRA Convention and National Train Show this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We'll have a 14' X 18' area with 12 modules and an operating diorama. We'll be close to the middle of Hall "H" in area L-6010. We'll be next to a large modular layout of another scale. NTS was nice enough to clip a corner off of that layout for us. If you're planning to come to the show, you're welcome to bring train(s) to run on the layout or a small B.Y.O.Z. layout as table space has been severely limited....we got 1. I'm even taking chairs since they cut the quantity of those back too. We run straight DC. We'll have 11 trains running at once, including the operating diorama.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Thom
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds