Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Friday, April 19, 2024

more programming on E-controller for DCC control of turntable and turnouts

More
6 years 8 months ago #18263 by garthah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #18264 by garthah
if you are using a tablet smart phone android or IOS device with blue tooth you have the option of being tethered to the E-controller or operating wireless via Bluetooth confection.

cheerz Garth

More
6 years 7 months ago #18266 by garthah
I received my C005, E controller, this morning by express post from Japan. Now I have unpacked it and gone over the documentation. Blue tooth, the E-controller is set up for the addition of a Blue Tooth receiver with a dedicated USB port to connect a Blue Tooth receiver. Once this device is enabled then you have blue tooth discovery available and you can pair it with you smart phone or other device.

Here is the list of receiver that have been tested to work with the e-controller and app from Rokuhan for the E-controller.
Elcomm audio receiver LBT-AVWAR500 or LBT-AVWAR700; Aukey wireless receiver BR-C1, ;Collen transmitter and receiver 2 in 1 adapter;Dodocool transmitter and receiver DA88; Kashimura USB BL-51;
Princeton music receiver PTM-BTR1 or PTM-BTR2; Toshiba wireless receiver TY_BT10; Century audio receiver BTTR-AV;
Tao Tronics wieless sterieo receiver TT-BA01;
TROND BT-DUO wireless receiver TT-BA01; MPOW Bluetooth 4 music receiver audio adapter; Ugreen wireless Blue tooth 4.1 receiver audio adapter; Inatech blue tooth transmitter and receiver BR1003; Jetech T2030;

this list is curent as of July 2017

operating systems iOS version 8 or later; Android OS version 5 or later; Blue tooth confirmed for operation IOS version 8.4.1; I phone 5C iOS version 9.3.2; Iphone version 6.0; iOS version 10.2.1; iPAD Mini 4; Android 5.1.1; Nexus 10; Android 6.0; Galaxy tab S8.4; Android 7.0 Exeria SO-OG3; Android 7.1; Nexus 9; Please note depending on the models the App may not be compatible the information above is curren as of July 2017

Now to the connections on the E-Controller to track two plug in for Rokuhan track cables one two wire screw terminal conector, Programming track, one Rokuhan plug in one two wire screw terminal . 12v out one two wire screw terminal , 5 v out one two wire screw terminal. external speaker 3.5m jack and when plugged in speaker in E-controller is cut off; Booster DCC output 2.5mm jack.; blue tooth USB socket; socket for 3.5mm plug to tablet or phone ; LED power indicator ; power on /off switch, power jack for wall wart which some with unit.
Manual supplied is 28 pages long one for English and One for Japanese They are both pocket book in outline size.
At 10 inches from my eyes I can read it, but at approx 6 point text I do better with reading glasses at 12 inches. scanning and printing on 8.5 by 11 sheets it is comfortable read from the table top without glasses.
regards Garth Hamilton, VE3HO

cheerz Garth

More
6 years 7 months ago #18267 by garthah
I have now down loaded the app and learned how to operate the android I will use with the E-controller, go t it connected to wi-fi and have searched for a blue tooth receiver. have a full calendar for rest of today and to-morrow so will try and get this going on Sunday in DC mode at least and see how it goes.
so more later.

cheerz Garth

More
6 years 7 months ago #18268 by garthah
I purchased a Bluetooth receiver by MPOW, I used the double male 3.5 mm connector to plug into the Dongle and then plugged that into the input 3.5 mm socket on the Rokuhan E-controller, for the tablet input, now pressed the button on the Dongle and once in discovery mode went to the Android and searched for the Blue Tooth signal, found it and paired it once paired, turned the volume up on the Android and we were up and running with blue tooth wireless connection. In my case it required a password the first time and I entered 0000. So this is the alternate data stream between Android and E-controller.

regards Garth

cheerz Garth

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds