Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest

More
12 years 9 months ago #11144 by soccrdad30
Z Central Station proudly presents The Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest!

The laser kits are $24.95 (srp), but for a limited time you can order them for $12.95, USPS Small Flat Rate Priority Shipping is $6.00. You can order the laser kits online at www.stonebridgemodels.com or by contacting Karin or Loren. Introductory prices are good until the end of July 2011.

The speeder shed kits include a StonySmith Fairmont 4-man speeder with wagon. This contest ends on Tuesday September 6th at 12:00pm PST. There are two categories "The Best Bash" and "Original Concept". Top category prizes from Stonebridge Models are sponsored for the contest.

Once you get your kit, you can build it to a traditional speeder shed style. Or get crazy slicing, cutting, and bashing to anything you want. But, you must use 90% of the pieces. In our Library I will post the kit's parts sheet. Four secret judges will select the winner for each category.

** Stonebridge Models will have these kits available at their NTS 2011 booth and website beginning Friday July 8th. **

Attention - Fairmont Speeder and wagon are very delicate and fragile parts. Multiple speeder shed kits can be shipped for the same price.

Good Luck!

John
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago #11145 by Kelley
Oh these are nice. I would need 3 of them to kitbash into a prototype CB&Q toolhouse but, I would not be able to use 90 percent of kit as per contest rules. :( But they are very very nice kits and I am thinking about getting them :cheer:
More
12 years 9 months ago #11150 by hokenstrom
Replied by hokenstrom on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
Am I the only one not finding the speeder shed on the site?

Petter
More
12 years 9 months ago #11152 by Fred
G'day Petter,
Stonebridge Models is at the National Train Show in California, through the weekend. Thier home is in Oregon. Once the train show is over, I'm sure more information will be on Z Central. The library section on ZCS has some diagrams of the kits. Hope this helps.
Fred
More
12 years 9 months ago #11153 by hokenstrom
Replied by hokenstrom on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
Ah...sorry. I forgot about the NTS, I envy you who can attend.
More
12 years 9 months ago #11262 by Fred
Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed is now available at special price. Just click on contest add to the right on home page and then click on Stonebridge link on bottom of page. There is also a link there to post pictures of your creations. Let the games begin!!
More
12 years 9 months ago #11273 by Kelley
Woohoo I have 3 on the way!!!!!!!
More
12 years 8 months ago #11416 by soccrdad30
Replied by soccrdad30 on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
I wanted to let everyone one know...

Last day and last chance to purchase the Speeder Shed Contest Kits from Stonebridge Models for $12.95. Get with Karin or Loren to order them. After today the kits will revert to their SRP of $24.95 if and when they are sold again!

My speeder shed kit is far from done, but later today I will post a few photos of my work in progress.

John
More
12 years 8 months ago #11420 by rvn2001
Here are a few pics of my Stonebridge Models speeder shed.
Attachments:
  • Alaska Railroader
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #11421 by Alaska Railroader
Replied by Alaska Railroader on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
Hey, there's Vern!!! And another Vern! Way cool Thom....
More
12 years 8 months ago #11422 by rvn2001
I'm glad you recognized him/them.
More
12 years 8 months ago #11423 by soccrdad30
AWESOME Thom!!!! I submitted a few 'work in progress' images myself, but Mr. Huet cleared out my two images. lol I am hoping to submit my build in a week or so. John

Link #1: www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?view=detail&id=7081&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=178

Link #2: www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?view=detail&id=7080&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=178
More
12 years 8 months ago #11425 by tealplanes
Replied by tealplanes on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
rvn2001 wrote:

I'm glad you recognized him/them.

Hey Thom, Aren't those the four guys who escaped from the nut ward?
Why, if you let them onto that contraption, they're liable to run down some innocent child playing on the tracks or maybe decimate a herd of deer who wandered onto the tracks. ;)
More
12 years 8 months ago #11426 by Fred
Hey Thom- Nice creative modeling with a touch of huma--
More
12 years 8 months ago #11427 by rvn2001
I saw your pics briefly while we were in chat..it looked good.
Thom
More
12 years 8 months ago #11428 by rvn2001
Heck Loren, if the C&FW wasn't an equal nut employer I wouldn't have anything to do.
Thom
More
12 years 8 months ago #11431 by t.edmunds
Replied by t.edmunds on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
Where I do I get 'nut ward' guys? They are really cool - just standin' around like real railroad guys!! Your pictures have inspired me to model harder. te
More
12 years 8 months ago #11432 by rvn2001
Tom, the "nut ward" guyz are the cheap 1:200 people painted all blue with their heads dipped in yellow paint for their hard hats. I also cut their legs down to make them shorter. Thom
More
12 years 8 months ago #11443 by David K. Smith
Replied by David K. Smith on topic Re: Stonebridge Models Speeder Shed Bash Contest
More
12 years 7 months ago #11536 by soccrdad30
My turn to enter my speeder shed. I plan to add some more details, but those would have no bearing on the contest.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds