Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

Brooklyn's first Z layout

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #18235 by kevsmith
Brooklyn's first Z layout was created by kevsmith
5 years old and already master of his very own Z layout
The following user(s) said Thank You: garthah, southernnscale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #18236 by kevsmith
Replied by kevsmith on topic Brooklyn's first Z layout

Kev

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #18237 by kevsmith
Replied by kevsmith on topic Brooklyn's first Z layout
Struggling to get the video to link but can add more photos i think

The youngest member of our clan, Brooklyn, is already a big railfan. last weekend he was out watching 46115 Scots Guardsman on a steam special and always refers to any DRS train he sees running as 'Kevs trains'! He has always wanted to be let loose on Shasta or Cuyahoga but the risk of letting a four year old loose with the controllers was a bit much

With his birthday approaching I'd started thinking about building him a 00 layout when fate intervened On a certain auction website a complete Z layout was listed complete with an old style Marklin controller, a BR89 0-6-0T, a V60 0-6-0DH and also a nearly full box of Peco Flexitrack. Also included was a Relco track cleaner and the layout had a few Kibri buidlings mounted on it. It was buyer collect and the location was about six miles from my depot so it was worth a punt.

Ended up getting it for £56 just a few days before his birthday so had a thrash sprucing up the scenery, deep cleaning the track and taking off some OHL masts that were just going to get in the way of little fingers

So today was the big reveal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernnscale

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds