Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Thursday, April 18, 2024

N&W Z Scale Video

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #17715 by speedbird
N&W Z Scale Video was created by speedbird
A short video I put together of my small layout.

Originally this wasn't a layout at all, but a test track for locomotives. I got the idea to transform it into a nice micro layout a few years back and it has evolved ever since.

It depicts the N&W in the summer of 1967. The bridges were all scratch built, as well as both barns and the coal tip. Commercial kits were used for Melwood station and the house. The tunnel portals will look familiar too some of you. The N&W signal was also scratch built. At the Melwood freight station, the scrap metal bin was made from a gondola load, the cement is from woodland scenics and the old coal conveyor was entirely scratch built.

The scenery is a mix of things I had after other projects including the trees and the rock castings.

The layout is wired with a simple on/off switch but the speed can be adjusted in 0.5v intervals from the underside. I didn't feel it was necessary to add a full controller since the train need only go one direction at a set speed. The MRC sound system is mounted entirely underneath as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred, southernnscale, Guba

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds